Monday 26 November 2012

Sweet November....NOT! -bring on the monster girls!-

Hello hello blog!
It's been a tough November i say! I've had a tough time finding my way home from college a midst Diwali celebrations and soaring air fares.

And this lack of inspiration isn't helping either..



Here's one i just made, sort of messing around and not being to hard on that head which is desperately thinking about my classroom project(more on that later)

As for some other interesting discoveries in my uninspired state
I came across a 30 day monster girl challenge here

http://fuckyeahmonstergirls.tumblr.com/post/26751189905/30-day-monster-girl-challenge

A helpful list for easy updating!



30 DAY MONSTER GIRL CHALLENGE

Day 1. Harpy
27th November

Now this mythical creature has its roots in Greek Mythology, the name literally mean "to snatch". So here's my take for the 30 day challenge! You should definitely check out "HARPYA" by 'Raoul Servais' it always sends shivers down my spine!


Day 2. Centaur
27th November



Centaurs! Fantasia anybody? It probably has the best animated bunch of harmonized centaurs that I've seen.

Day 3. Slime
28th November



I was staring with awe at all those photographs in the newspaper of the Algae bloom across many popular beaches in Sydney, that red was rather scary no?


Day 4. Naga
30th November



Electricity is a major problem around here, and as the storm caught pace the electricity disappeared and i was left with a half charged laptop and a half done challenge. Either way, here is the Naga Kanya, daughter of The Nagarajas. Snakes give me the creeps and i always like to imagine them with pouty upper lips in order to lessen the trauma i receive every time i come across a snake charmer on the road.




Day 5. Mermaid
30th November





And before the electricity goes away for the day, here is my mermaid! Disney has somehow managed to make me imagine that every mermaid will inadvertently have blooming red hair like Ariel. This green and red combo has got to be the most catchy colour combo ever used! -update- a close friend believes that she looks a hell of a lot like Kim Possible. I don't mind! :)

Day 6. Spider Girl
1st December


And winter has finally come! And here is another late submission because of various environmental factors that cause delay and make the internet inaccessible. I have a whole bunch of Game of thrones doodles which i want to colour up and post! so a -GOT- inspired clothing range for my spider girl :)

Day 7. Plant Girl
6th December


I have been travelling, been feeling a little ill and have attended a marriage after many years in the past few days! Its been a whirlwind of events and alongside, there has been a whole lot of of electricity problems which has been driving me up the wall!!
Either way here is plant girl, and hopefully a more timely bunch of updates alongside.

Day 8. Octomaid
7th December



Well,not exactly an octomaid. I wasn't too happy with the 'maid' bit since it reminds me of french anime maids. Either way i present to you, an octomaid in the wild, these magnificent creatures are captured by Chinese restaurant owners and used as waitresses in underwater sushi bars.

Day 9. Demon
8th December





A demon out of hell is far to generic i'll say! Now crows and raccoon aren't exactly 'demonic' but hey! raccoon are cursed as little demons who stealth their way into homes to steal food, and anyone who has seen 'The Omen' and 'Birds' would probably know that crows hold some sort of demonic symbolism. A rather mischievous take of demon girl!

Day 10. Succubus
9th December



An office going succubus because seducing menfolk at night has to be the most easy way to get videotaped and become viral on YouTube as a popular ghost/paranormal video. I saw a few strange videos yesterday where people were in their beds, apparently being possessed and seduced by a succubus, it looked more like a poor series of auditions for The Exorcist.

Day 11. True Monster
12th December



OOF am i late! but i have a good enough reason and that being a series of uneventful days where i woke up with headaches, i would like to believe it's the weather here. So true monster... see for me, a true true monster ( and i gave it a lot of thought! really!) is someone who has a sense of ultimate despotic power, someone who commands and even their whispers make the ground move. So my true monster is this queen, something like a dragon queen (dragons ultimate awesome-ahem-Skyrim). I would like to think of her as a powerful queen who doesn't even need to lift a finger to get her work done, her commands are the last say and when things look uneasy she goes into the field herself- her dragon attributes are there for a certain transformation-ish ability reason :3 -  the land bows under her powerful presence.

Day 12. Zombie
13th December



Who says the undead can't be happy! There is always more to look forward to in life when you're deemed immortal by some deadly plague or so.

Day 13. Insect Girl
14th December


Insects are such sweet docile creatures who traverse the lush woodlands and beautify the forest with their sparkle, i always tend to leave out the creepy crawlie bits because its just convenient. There was a time when i used to keep checking my shoes for a black widow because i'd seen it killing someone with a single bite on the toe.This episode was on  Discovery Channel, they always had those re enacted stories about deadly insects, it always gave me the heebie jeebies!

Day 14. Dullahan
18th December



Jesus! would you  look at the LAG! I have managed to outdo myself by falling behind soo much.
Procrastination has to be one of the most unforgiving things ever devised.It's so easy to tell yourself that there's always tomorrow, but hell yeah! tomorrow will NEVER -EVER! show its face to you unless you get down and start doing something about the stuff you've left at a standstill. Here's my attempt at facing my bad habit by creating a dullahan- headless rider in other words. There was this episode of "Hey! Arnold!" where Gramps talked about the infamous headless rider. A sweet Halloween treat episode i'll say!

Day 15. Dragon/Reptile Girl
20th December


I've gone for reptile here!

Day 16. Ghost
21st December



And we are still alive and kicking it was supposed to be the apparent end of the world! A little about this ghost from my country India. Here we usually go with the 'lady in a white saree with a lantern' as far as haunted places are concerned. A white saree because it's an ill omen-i'm talking really old school here- widowed ladies wear white sarees and will usually die and haunt places because they are upset about their husbands passing away. And here's the catch, there's one way to figure out if you're REALLY encountering the paranormal, just look down at her feet and if she's got a pair of bird feet for legs you're in for a rough night! You'll catch these sort of women in really old Bollywood movies, it's commonplace to sympathize with a widowed lady in the middle of the night when she knocks on your door, what follows is a whole series of sudden movements and screams. Deceptive ghosts i tell you! taking advantage of human symbolism.

Day 17. Robot(gulp)
25th December



A very Merry Christmas to all! I'm a Christmas freak,and i'm back home again. Good ol' cold, a well lit Christmas tree and layers of clothing which i never want to get out of! SO there's a winter post right after i get done with my challenge!
So robot,somehow putting an old television set as a head seemed like the right thing to do. I've always found robots intimidating and cold. the movie "Real Steel" almost made me feel as if robots were warm... Anyhow we can always watch i.Robot and feel a little new age fuzzy inside! Then there was Astro boy as well, My life as a Teenage Robot! Good times! :)

Day 18. Alien
27th December




More like an alien queen! I just kept drawing whatever came gushing through my head!


Day 19. Cyclops
3rd January 2013!!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR! And my challenge still hasn't completed due to my own habits, lets brush that aside and hope that the new year brings a healthy bunch of updates. I'm a Christmas buff so here's my Cyclops girl going to college in December.






5 comments:

  1. Not to mention Kim Possible is ALSO Disney :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Dullahan a.k.a Selty :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saxx blog Akanksha! Following. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D i've been following your blog as well, i loved the new look!

      Delete