Wednesday 13 February 2013

COMIC CON 2013


yes this is sorceress

I've been dreaming of cosplaying on the streets of Japan since forever, then Comic con India came along. This year i finally managed to make a cosplay for myself! And for the first time in ages, i was terribly excited and anxious to walk around in a precious set of clothes which i will treasure forever.

My 30 day challenge had to be put at a big BIG standstill as i tried to figure out a way to make the costume.So now lets get down to nitty gritties! He-Man and the masters of the universe 2002 was my area. And it was the sorceress i was eyeing!




Images from
www.dynastymastersuniverse.com
he-man.wikia.com



Here's an old and new version of the sorceress. I was one of those kids who always had a thing for cartoon series which used to get discontinued. And for me, this cosplay was a DREAM!

So lets start with some of the basic stuff i started with, i apologise for the lack of full process pictures, i was in such a flurry that i used to get sudden bursts of -MUST CLICK PHOTOS- and then get totally lost while trying to smooth out my staff and so on.


 Hello paper mache! You've always been my best friend when it comes to these things. Doing this was probably one of the hardest things, especially in the Delhi winters where touching water was like asking for a death sentence.



The staff takes a sun bath in the fickle minded winter sun. Drying was one of my main concerns since finishing up my props totally depended on it.



My baby wings being tested out for size and durability. It's a basic wire mesh with cloth, the second one was in the making.



Cutting Styrofoam sheets has got to be one of the most joyful experiences. My feathers, all stacked and ready to be mounted onto the wing frame.




AND stuff has finally dried!




Beware of the black eye. I had to try out some eye types before i finalised on my main style!



Now after all this running around and employing almost everyone in the house into helping me make my cosplay and finish it on time. i took a day off on the first day of comic con and decided to cosplay on the second day. My mom, masi, Tombi, my dog Kevin and my dear grandmother, everyone was always busy running around the house helping me with something or the other.

In very simple words, i couldn't have done it without them!
I'll leave you with some snaps from my cosplay and the con, i hope you enjoy it!


Image credit -Rashi chandra 
find my talented friend on  http://fuzzypinkmonster.deviantart.com



I barely took any pictures with fellow cosplayers, this was one of the cute ones.


And as soon as i got any time to stand easy or breathe....



I was most certainly mauled by the crowd over there with parents asking me to pay some attention to their children as they took photos. Its was so hectic and fun at the same time!


I managed to catch up with my friend who had cosplayed as Sub-Zero, he was constantly playing the game music on his phone.


I drooled at all the books i couldn't buy!



Saw some very familiar ones which were in my wishlist...


But couldn't stand for too long as the crowd splashed me around like a wave does to an amateur surfer.


There was an occasional pop of colour , a head gear here or a pyjama there...


I went to the stall which publishes the work of one of my favourite artists, Vera Brosgol. The book i wanted was sadly sold out :(



The artwork these days is mind numbing, it leaves your eyes craving for more!


The last day sale was a good bargain but there were far too many things i wanted to buy!




I saw our animation department seniors working up a sweat at their respective stalls, it was the most wonderful thing ! Here's Kaveri at the Chumbak stall.


Manasi, Trina and Krishna at the Bechain Nagri stall!


And then we chanced upon some wonderful work from Indian artists at the campfire stall.


When suddenly i found the Witch King hanging out in the crowd...


Soon followed by Princess Fiona and another character whom i could not place.



My friend dressed up as Shredder, his costume suffered a few casualties but the war worn look ended up working out!



At the end of the final day, i bid sayonara to the comic con as i hope to see a bigger and even better one next year!


But wait! there's more! I couldn't leave without sharing a hearty Japanese dinner with my friends!


And so we all ate and enjoyed, slightly withdrawal symptomy from the comic con but happy nonetheless!


And then again i always have my dear dog Kevin to amuse me and make me happier as the day came to a close.




I hope you all enjoyed this post! And i'm more excited than ever to attend the con next year!







4 comments:

  1. Oh man, i'm trolling on your blog. LOVED your costume, people need to dress up more though, the US ones are so crazy. I'm going to try to make it to the next comicon. Maybe I'll be one of the resident evil characters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha issokay! Thank you soo much, come for the next comic con! it's really good fun cosplaying! we'll all go together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love your cosplay character. I did find Sorcerer and her daughter hot as a kid :P btw you have great smile..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah i had the same sentiments as you for the sorceress, i had a huge girl crush on her. Thank you for your kind words ^_^

      Delete