Saturday 4 January 2014

Chitrakatha 2013 and a Happy new year to you!

More like a catching up post right here. I think i'll call the next post an official 'new year' post. One thing i must talk about as of now is our student animation film festival 'Chitrakatha'.





I've been wanting to talk about how pleasant the weather and the overall atmosphere of the festival was! I had a good time and was left inspired at the end of the day. Now...



you can find out more here http://nid.edu/chitrakatha/ regarding the festival and the basic activities which take place. The festival is organized every 3 years by our animation department

I don't really have many photographs to share with you today since i was hobbling around trying to manage my things and take in as much of the festival as was possible. ( now about the leg, i was in an accident which sort of had me lying in bed and hobbling around for at least a month before i could walk properly, this sorta brought everything to a HUGE standstill since i hurt my right arm and leg, and they were swollen beyond recognition as the wounds were drying up) Either way i tried to remember and note down as much as possible.

I'll get down to sharing the photos now, i'm unsure of which photos i took and which ones my friend Rabindra has taken so thanks Rabs for taking photos for me!
(you can find him here https://www.behance.net/rabindra_portfolio )

Starting with a few pictures of a puppet display put up by our juniors !






The display was wonderful to look at since these guys had experimented with different ways of making puppets. They managed to cover many puppet making techniques, explaining each technique with the help of an informative placard beside each display. 


Now i'll move onto the display put up by international colleges, they'd left cute postcards and set up computer screens to showcase their work as well as present their work in the auditorium. They'd even put up some REALLY well done puppets and models used for claymation




one of the postcards :D




a board displaying an animatic for a student film




Since most of the presentations took place within the auditorium these were perhaps the few material things which i was able to capture."La Poudriere" presented an array of the most wonderful 30 second shorts i have ever seen and i wish i could steal that CD they were using to screen the films! I was seriously amazed at how wonderful each film was. I also managed to catch "Royal College of Art", "CALARTS" while they were presenting.

 Each day ended with a film screening and for me, the most memorable screening was "The day of the Crows" i was sobbing by the end of it at how beautiful everything in the film was (plus it had wonderful animals and scenery, i'm a sucker for that). I hope ya'll get a chance to watch it if you can! The 2D animation is wonderful!

-sobs-


All in all i had a good time with all my friends while i was attending the festival and i was filled with enormous amounts of motivation for my film. And i think it's what led me to finishing my document (a sort of official bible which records our progress and production for the animation film we are making as a final project). So yeah  i've crossed a big hurdle, that being of submitting my document, and now to get down to finishing my film as well as make regular updates on Behance as well as here.

Thanks for reading as always!

p.s. new year post is positively the next one!!


No comments:

Post a Comment